Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tuesday's With Morrie: Final Project

Explain the aphorism in detail. What was Morrie's main message?

   The aphorism that I chose was, "Don't cling to things, because everything is impermanent." Morrie was referring to being detached. Detachment doesn't mean that you don't love or live that experience to the fullest, you actually let yourself fully experience it. Once you feel the emotions and everything that is part of it completely fulfills you, it is easier for you to let it go in the end. It is easy to let it go because you have finished that part of your life.

Relate the aphorism to a movie, song, historical event, current event, personal experience, etc. and explain in detail how the example you have chosen relates to the aphorism.

  I can't think of a specific thing that I can't relate this aphorism to but I can say that I find it inspiring when people live their life by this quote. I tend to cling on to things in my past. Even if I'm the one who ended things or lost things, I'm still so stuck in that moment. The worst part of it all is that I don't let it fulfill me either. From now on I will let embrace my memories and let them go.

Evaluate the aphorism by explaining why you agree/disagree with it. Give specific reasons for your position and specific evidence from the text to support your position.

   I do agree with the aphorism. There have been some amazing things and people in my life that I lost and I'm still not over them. I still think of these things constantly. Not only am I not letting it go, but I also didn't appreciate those times. As Morrie said, "I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment." This is the way I would like to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Green Outline Pointer