Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week of 4/27: Tuesdays with Morrie

  Of all the Tuesdays we have read so far, the second has been the most interesting to me. In this lesson he talk about feeling sorry for yourself. Often, when people hear the words, "stop feeling sorry for yourself" they believe that it's not okay to cry or mourn. Crying is such a misunderstood concept; it's okay to cry. It lets the emotions out and can help someone feel better. Like in Morrie's case, crying in the morning can help you enjoy the rest of your day. In the book he says how he mourns for himself in the mornings. "I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life." The rest of the day he is a busy with all the people who are visiting him. He is inspiring people and people are inspiring him. There are many good things in his life despite his situation.

  After reading this book, I will try to apply these things to my life. For this lesson, I will permit myself to cry if I really need it. Letting these emotions out will help my day go by a lot better because I am not busy with the sadness that is still in me. Not being distracted with negative thoughts will help me only see the positive things in my day and life.

Let yourself mourn
So you can spend the rest of your day happy

1 comment:

  1. I myself agree crying is absolutely okay in fact people are able to let go of their sadness and bring in happiness. I think that positive thoughts in people's mind will help them progress in life and let go of all the thoughts that are negative. I really liked the quote you choose because it sums up Morrie's feelings with Mitch. He might feel sad in the morning, but in the afternoon he is\ able to inspire his former student/America. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete

Small Green Outline Pointer