Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Winter Break Firsts: Choose Your Own Adventure

When was the last time you did something for the first time?


Christmas Morning

   This Christmas was the first year that my family waited until Christmas morning to open presents. In past years, Santa magically appeared on Christmas Eve while we went to family parties to put the presents under the tree. I thought that it was much better to wait until morning because it really does feel like Christmas. I think the only thing I missed out on doing is waking up and running to the tree, excited to open presents. The reason my sister and I didn't do that was because we felt that it would be greedy of us to expect presents.


Pink Gingerbread Houses

The kit we bought
   Ok, it wasn't the traditional gingerbread house, it was actually a Hello Kitty sugar cookie house, but it's close enough. On Christmas day, one of the activities we did was building our hip Hello Kitty holiday cookie house. Yajaira and I divided the house in two so we each got an even amount of decorating space. It was very fun learning how put icing on it and decorating it real cute. 

   In the end, we only ate some of the candies (they were cute little bows and heart hard candies and were yummy!) I took a piece of the cookie and it didn't taste like anything. Yajaira got the marshmallow tree and I got Hello Kitty. I didn't eat it because it smelled really sweet. Not a nice kind of sweet but a dangerously sweet kind of sweet.  



Monopoly 

   I've been playing Monopoly since I was little. From Disney Princess Monopoly Junior to the new digital one, but I never played it the right way. Over the break, my mom, sister and I got out our classic Monopoly and learned how to play it by the actual rules. Yajaira taught us how to play and I think that the game makes much more sense this way. My sister bankrupted my mom and I gave up since she had so much. 






















2 comments:

  1. I've actually never made a gingerbread house... was it fun? Great Blog! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You should try it sometime! It's fun if you don't mind the mess the icing can cause.

      Delete

Small Green Outline Pointer