Saturday, January 31, 2015

AoW Impressions

I found this activity very interesting. I learned a lot of things that I didn't even know about. Surprisingly, I learned a lot from my peers with such quick summaries.

There was a pattern between articles. A few people read articles on how 2014 was the hottest year and the climate change. Having a lot of people share about that topic really shows the severity of climate change. I learned that each year, due to greenhouse gases and other environmentally harmful things, are causing temperatures to rise 1 degree each year. Everyone said the same thing, that it doesn't seem like a lot but it's going to keep happening unless people decide to do something about it. This makes me think what I can do to help the earth so things don't keep getting worse.

Another topic that a few people chose were on ISIS. I've been hearing that name so much recently but I never get the details on what they're doing. There's been many events with them but I learned mostly on the two Japanese citizens that were held captive by ISIS. At first, ISIS wanted $2 million in exchange for the victims but then they decided that they wanted a women who was a former Al-Queda member in exchange for one of the people.

There's so much going on in the world and this gallery walk helped me learn a bit more about what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Green Outline Pointer