Monday, March 23, 2015

Holocaust AoW Impressions

  This week we learned a lot more about the Holocaust. I realized that survivors all have different experiences. Some of them were very open about their experience and want to speak out and some of them kept to themselves. It took awhile for some survivors to speak out about their experience like one of them who had not said a thing about it for 20 years. He didn't even tell his children or wife about it. I find it very interesting and I'm really glad I was able to hear more survivor stories this week.

  The article I found most interesting was one read by Stanley and Autumn. Their article talked about how the descendants of Holocaust survivors have altered stress hormones. This really had me thinking for I never really considered how the descendants were affected. Studies show that many of the descendants have low levels of cortisone and high level of enzyme which cause more illnesses to them. Descendants have a higher risk of developing anxiety and PTSD.

  I'm really glad that we focused on the Holocaust for our free choice article because this is a very broad topic. There are so many things that are still being discovered today about that time and this is a great way to learn about the topic.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about how we were limited to the Holocaust, but like you said, the Holocaust is a very broad topic. I also found it interesting how even the descendants of survivors are being affected. I liked how you said, “I realized that survivors all have different experiences.” This got me thinking, you see, many people think that survivors have the same general story, but that’s not true at all. Different survivors went through different things, physically and emotionally. Overall, great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Small Green Outline Pointer