Sunday, March 15, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflections

 This quarter has gone by very quickly. We only have two months of school left and I don't know how I feel about that. Middle school is gross and I'm really happy to be graduating but the fact that things are changing so soon makes me uncomfortable. I think that the third quarter has been the most difficult because now we are really transitioning from middle school to high school both academically and personally.

 The most challenging part of 3rd quarter was writing argumentative essays. There were a lot of steps to get all the information. The fact that we were learning how to write them made the process a bit slow and challenging. The things I've learned from this unit though, such as in-text citation and other formatting, has helped me a lot with my writing outside of english class.

 I am currently on book nineteen of my 40 Book Challenge. I feel like I could have read many more books these past few months. I haven't read much the last two months because I took a long time to finish reading The Help. I already finished a book this month so I think I can get to two more for March.

 I have been turning in my AoWs before Thursday evenings this quarter. Occasionally, I don't understand the article and leave it for the last minute but I have learned to do a step a day. For example, I'll read the article and annotate it on Monday, re-read it and start my write up on Tuesday, and Wednesday I will read through it and turn it in. It's only one day earlier but this is a great accomplishment for me since I used to read, annotate, and write all on Thursday night.

 I feel like I haven't made any improvements in this class. I was looking through my grades from previous quarters and all my grades seem to be the same. What I did improve on is my organization for this class to maintain high marks without being so stressed. Maybe there are other improvements that I just don't see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 




2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel on the whole middle school/high school topic. I'm happy to be graduating, but I my friends and I are all going to different schools and I worry about keeping in touch and seeing each other outside of school. Everything is happening so fast and I don't like it. Though, I know the change will be for the better(100% sure). I definitely agree with you that the most challenging part of the 3rd quarter has been writing the argumentative essays, but they improved my writing by quite a bit and had a positive impact on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to disagree with you when you say that you haven't improved in this class. Your writing has vastly improved and is on a different level than before!

    ReplyDelete

Small Green Outline Pointer